Sunday, December 20, 2009

One of Several Inexpensive Holiday Decorations! [Thrifty Find]

Balls and bells in a vase.
I know we've all seen them, but this is my first time in many, many years that I've been able to decorate for the holidays. And this was my first time making something so easy, yet truly beautiful.

I bought a vase from Goodwill for .99!
I purchased 1 (15 count) pack of fairly small Christmas balls in velvet red and shiny gold from Dollar Tree.
I put them in the vase.... it filled less than half way up.
So I headed to about 3 other Dollar Trees, rather than the extremely clean and organized Newington, NH Dollar Tree, and the trips in Maine were all a bust.
I mean they didn't even carry the selection like Newington did.
I decided to add bells. I had 2 packages of matte and shiny silver bells. I picked through many packages to find undented, rust free, without many paint chips coming off from a Maine location.
After all that, I put them back. I actually put them back because I was looking and saw they had little stars on them. Well, I'm not really a star person (ever since those large stars have been displayed on everyone's house).
The next day I remembered that the Santa on display on our hutch [right next to the vase] has stars on him.
I went and picked out 2 packages of bells for $2.00

The total cost was $4.00! And it doesn't look "cheap"!!

I couldn't be happier with my results! (TIP: You can click on the pictures to enlarge them).




The hutch has changed in terms of 'decorating', but I wanted to show you what it looked like. I've since purchased a set of olive green scroll curtains which makes the whole area stand out [in a good way]. And took a tip or 2 (for now til I can find a certain element) from Angela Ingo over at Imagine Cozy. She is awfully clever and full of design tips! Her blogs are beautifully written and illustrated!
remember this is my BEFORE picture of Holiday Decorating, a new picture will follow in a few days!
PS Nevermind the unstained window frame in the background. We're working on that!

(The round red & gold scroll tin and the black & white square basket are from Dollar Tree)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kati~
    It is so nice to meet you! Thank you for stopping by my blog!
    I love the vase it is so pretty and perfect for the Holiday!
    Merry Christmas
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails