Sunday, December 20, 2009

It's the Little Things that Make a Big Difference- Pet Dish Area:

I have an almost 4 year old Chihuahua/ Manchester Terrier. He's had the same water and food dishes for about a year now. They're great, but they didn't really match what I am transforming our kitchen decor into.
So, we went to Ikea in Stoughton, Mass. Not particularly looking for pet dishes, infact, I was looking for everything- but!
Let me just say that this Ikea makes the one in Baltimore look like a little market. This Ikea is ENORMOUS and has this unbelievably insane parking garage underneath and around it.

As mentioned before, my kitchen is going to be: black, white, gray and yellow.

Here's "Sammy's" before:


I purchased the bamboo placemat from Dollar Tree, which I loved!...
Here are the Ikea Pet Bowls, I think they were $3.99 (I'll have to check my list):




I loved the bamboo placemat because it made his area appear more mature. BUT.... Every day when I'd pick up his bowl to rinse it out and change the water, I was noticing water marks underneath. I didn't rinse out his waterbowl for 2 days, and on the 3rd day, I picked it up, and there was mold on the mat. I was saddened, but thought, "Hey it was only a dollar!"

So then we went to Christmas Tree Shops and I saw the most perfect placemats for him!! Not too girly or kitchen-y, and they were the correct color scheme (minus the yellow)!


These placemats were marked at like .69 a piece, but when they rang up, they were 3 for $1.00! Had I known that, I would have gotten more than 4!
I LOVE THEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails