Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's the Little Things that Make a Big Difference- Longer/ Higher Curtains:

I've learned that you should hang your curtains higher to make your room appear taller. And let's face it, this tiny trailer needs all the help it can get.
Sadly I don't have a "before" picture of the short curtains attached right above the window sill, but I do have a picture of how silly they look with the rod placed at the more appropriate level.
[Nevermind the blank walls as they are a work in progress].

AFTER: These are actually 4 long scarves with the bandana "do-rag" type pattern, They are from Goodwill, brand new - Target rejects. Goodwill gets a lot of the Target merchandise that doesn't sell. These were $2.00 a piece, and I put them on curtain clips from Ikea. I love how flowy they are, they let the light in and it's a lot more clean and crisp looking. I do want to get more- hopefully there are still some left. I got this idea from someone I was following who made "Bohemian" style curtains with fabric that she cut into strips and then knotted around the rod. I thought it was so simple, so bold, unique and very pretty. If you ever see her blog- please feel free to tell me who she was so I can give credit where credit is due.

BEFORE: Yuck! WalMart Curtains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails