Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pinned Craft: Playdough:

Our family has been quite strapped this year. So, in an effort to make the most of "gift giving" and thrills, I made homemade Playdough. I created a storage box out of a Cheerios cereal box, wrapped it in gift wrap, used a toilet paper roll to boost 2 small jars, and this is the end result. I am very pleased with the results. I did a batch of 5 in the afternoon, then a batch of 5 the next morning. I used a box of regular food coloring, and a box of neon food coloring. I got this recipe off of Pinterest, to where I was directed to Adelyn Stone's page. Her depiction of the steps is spot on. The only thing I did differently was make the batch WITHOUT adding the coloring. Then I made 5 even sized balls and added the color in there, un-gloved. It's okay, it's only food coloring, it'll wash off your hands. It does not seem as if it transfers onto the skin when playing with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails